Saturday, December 4, 2010

Random spots of happiness this past week....

Here are a few snapshots from the past week that made me smile.

Firstly I have been looking everywhere for some Zoya nail polish as it's the only polish that doesn't contain toluene. I finally had to get it from New York and of course had to pick the colours online which was tricky. So to start with I just got a lovely pink for my toes and a clear for my hands.

Very happy with both. Wish I could just find the time to put them on.

What is all this wet weather good for? Splashing around in puddles in the afternoon after school.

Friday was crazy hair day at school. All the kids looked so great. This was what Miss R wanted. Many plaits with pink hair colour and pink Xmas ribbon.

Here's the back view. Sorry for the poor photo but I was rushing to get ready for school myself.

Finally the weekend..... and some time to craft. An easy one today while I recover from yesterday. We made some retro coloured snow flakes and then made them into a cute garland to string through the kitchen.

A close up


Because I've been working so much I've been doing a lot of Christmas shopping online. How great is it to purchase really great, interesting stuff from the USA and the UK? Not only is it good value at the moment but you get to buy more interesting stuff than you find in your local Kmart.
Here's the pile I found on my doorstep when I got home from work on Friday.

How is your Christmas shopping going?

2 comments:

Deb said...

Like you I have bought a fair bit of my Christmas shopping online too and yes it is saving me money and time.

Libby said...

Hi Ness,

Firstly you have to tell me what is turluene and why it's so bad. As you know I ALWAYS wear polish.
Secondly I hope you'll share some of the places you've been shopping online. I've come away pretty much empty handed from the handmade markets in Canberra :-( so really now need to get a move along with the gift buying - and like you, want to buy something a little different.
And finally - love Rhianna's hair - too cute.

Libby