Friday, January 21, 2011


Saturday 22nd January 2011

A little bit of rest and relaxation was in order for today. After lots of sleepovers and playdates Rhianna was exhausted. Bill has been working such long hours at the business and although it's fantastic that the business is doing so well, it's not great that we never see him and he is so tired.

So today was a day dedicated to relaxing. As the weather was so nice, it was a great chance to hang out by the pool. Rhianna and I played mermaids and then Bill climbed in and we played volleyball. Such nice Summer fun.

Last night Bill brought me home a nice bunch of flowers to say "thanks" for holding the fort during the school holidays while he has been working so hard. I didn't tell him how easy it's been as Rhianna has been gone most of the holidays.

Also wanted to show you my new owl vase. It had a sign on it that said "The ugliest vase in the world" so of course I just had to buy the poor thing. I often have my herb pots in there and it looks lovely. Unfortunately this week I've used up all the parsley.



The vase and flowers are sitting on my new table and chairs. This set was a real retro find. A genuine 1970's Sebel set in perfect condition. The seats are super comfy and Bill and I love to sit in them and play board games with the kids.



Also wanted to show a pic of this Christmas present from a girlfriend. It's a notice holder and it fits perfectly into my little house on the side of the pantry.

It's nice to have a place to stick all those bits and pieces you want to keep but don't need to have on the front of the fridge isn't it?

By the way, Bill and I snuck out the other night to go and see The King's Speech while Miss R was at a sleepover. And it was fantastic. Especially because it has Mr Darcy in it. Yes, I know his name is Colin Firth but he'll always be Mr Darcy to me!!

Next up I want to see Black Swan with Natalie Portman.




Anyway I'm out for a walk now and then another swim in the pool.

No comments: