Tuesday, September 14, 2010



Hello everybody -

So sorry I have been away for so long. Not intentional at all. It's just that Spring has sprung and life has taken off in a very busy and deliciously crazy way.

So what has been happening here at Green Ness?

Well....Miss Rhianna's school fete is this Saturday so there has been much looking at and ohhing and ahhing over the items of the craft stall.

It has been a long journey throughout the year of religiously getting together to make things to stock our stall. Hopefully the weather will be fine on Saturday and we sell all of our beautiful items.

Speaking of craft.....

....while out with a girlfriend the other day we spotted these beautiful acrylic colours and they just called to me.

At first they said "You're crap at knitting so just keep walking" and then they relented and said "Oh go on then, give me another go."

So I scooped up a few balls and have started to knit again. It may be a crazy undertaking coming into Summer but they were so cheap and they are just begging each night to be made into something. Watch this space......

Out in the yard big things are afoot. Miss R is having a birthday shortly and as we don't know if we'll be here in October we decided to give her the birthday present early.

Obviously it's a set of monkey bars. And to say that Rhianna was thrilled would be a mild understatement.

Some adults we know have also tried to recapture their youth by having a wee turn on the bars - no trips to the hospital as yet but some people (no names) have needed assistance to get down/off and lets just say that alcohol and monkey bars don't mix. We'll be leaving it to the kidlets from here on in.


Speaking of the backyard have any of you seen all the lovely colours around to plant for spring? I have gone a bit crazy out there and have spent many afternoons planting up a storm. Makes me smile every time I step outside to see all that colour just shining in the sun. And if that sounds just a bit too Pollyanna for you please remember that I am on anti-depressants and I do tend to smile like a crazy person at the most trivial of things.



The other day a friend from my childhood came to visit and she asked if I would make a French tea cake. We used to scoff these when we were about 10 years old. I don't know whether we really loved the cake itself or the fact that we called it French tea cake and felt all posh and continental eating it.

Twas a very easy recipe to whip up and we did enjoy digging in as we talked about the good old days.

Hard to believe it was over 30 years ago that we used to sit next to each other in class daydreaming about Leith Garrett. Some of you who are younger than me might have to goggle him as he had a very spectacular but short lived career as a pop idol.


As I said Spring is a crazy time for our family as almost all the family birthdays are in Spring plus numerous other events. We are also planning a holiday in here somewhere and trips away with/and to see friends.

But I finally found the time to do something I have wanted to do for years. I joined a book club.

A lovely lady, Nicole opens up her home to host the evening and we all discuss a book that we have read the previous month. This month our "homework" is Eat.Pray.Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I, luckily have already read this book so I just have to do a quick reread.

Then it's off to Nicole's for wonderful discussions, lively debates and delicious food. It's fabulous. I wish I had of joined one sooner. Pictured below is Nicole's loungeroom ready to go for the evening. Sorry about the quality of the pic, I did not have my camera and took the photo on my phone.


Hope you've all been good while I've been away.
(And thanks Libby)

3 comments:

Sammy :0) said...

welcome back Vanessa! have missed your blog very much :) I have always wanted to join a book club....

Vanessa said...

Oh you should Sammy. And thanks for the welcome. We must catch up soon.

Libby said...

Yay! Vanessa is back. So good to hear from you again, and please to know you've just been busy. Book groups are great. I've been going to one for, gosh, over 10 years - I remember taking Amy as a baby - actually I might have even been going when I was pregnant. My friend and I used to go up to Sydney but around 5 years she opened her own bookshop in Wollongong so we obviously go there now :-).
Look forward to seeing what you do with the wool - it is very yummy looking.

Libby