Friday, November 5, 2010

Organic Finds

Just had to let you know about the latest organic things I am onto at the moment.

A girlfriend recommended I try Organic Rosehip Oil. It's great for scarring and stretch marks etc. But I am just rubbing a little into my face each night after a shower and my skin is starting to glow - not to mention how it feels - a bit like a babies bottom, quite frankly.

Luckily I've always had quite good skin (thanks for those great genes Mum and Dad).

I've never had acne or pimples and I've never smoked or really been a big drinker. And I think it's at this time of life that you start to reap what you sow.

I did however bake myself into oblivion in my teenage years with the good old Reef Oil so I do have some sun damage but on the whole, I'm pretty pleased with my skin. But this oil is a fantastic pep up for faces. I highly recommend.

Now that my bank balance is looking a lot healthier (thanks to some recent work) I've been indulging in my number one love - books, books and more books. Check out Book Depository for the cheapest books ever.

Here is one new addition to the book case that is really worthwhile. It's all about living an eco life with kids. I like it because they are not suggesting you live off grid and start growing your armpit hair again. No, no, no..... just some simple things everybody (and their children) can do to save the planet (and save some money).



Now that November is well and truly here my thoughts have turned to Christmas.

How could they not when you walk through the shopping centres at the moment?????

My plan is to have all my Xmas shopping done by the end of November. I'm well on the way in that department.

My brother and his wife live on a big property near Canberra and are begging everybody to come to their place for Xmas day. But with us in Sydney, my sister in Perth and Mum and Dad on the central Coast I don't know if that is going to happen. This was us all together a couple of years ago. It was one of the best Christmases ever.


Have a lovely weekend - I hope the weather where you are is nicer than here!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Welcome back! I hope your family does all try their hardest to get together for Xmas, for me that's what it's all about, no matter what it takes, and as you said yourself when you last did it it was one of the best Christmas' ever!