Thursday, January 21, 2010

More Decluttering.
The school holidays have been a very lazy time for us. Lots of sleeping in, hanging around in our Pj's till lunchtime and plenty of time to potter.

I love to potter as it allows me to sort through our junk and toss, toss, toss. I have broken the house down into rooms to declutter. Obviously, I am starting with the easiest ones first. No point burning out in January is there?

The Patio.
Not much to do here really, just a straighten and a tidy. You can't see it but this area borders the pool so lots of towels and cossies and goggles often live here. In Summer it can look really untidy.




The bar area.
This is not really my area as I'm not a big drinker. This is more where Will likes to hang out and of course we use it when we entertain. Not much decluttering to do here although Will has offered to drink up any alcohol that I feel is in the way. Haha


The lounge area.

This area needs daily decluttering thanks to a little 6 year old we know who likes to do craft, gymnastics and cubby building in this area. But I have limited the stuff kept in this area to DVD's, books, Wii stuff etc.

Another thing that has to be done is to go through the DVD's and Ebay any we are never going to watch again. I mean how many times can anyone really watch ET?



The study

This "room" is a bit of a cheat by me as I call it the study, but really it is a desk and a chair in the corner. Still, it accumulates its fair share of crap on top and in the draws.

Will has one draw that I am not allowed to touch and as such, it is still a mess but the rest is decluttered. By the way if anybody needs a paperclip just ask me, I must have 10,000.

Next week I'll do (I can barely stand to type it) Broc's bedroom. If I'm not back on here by the weekend send in a search party to find me.

Hope you are having a great day

Vanessa

No comments: