1. Add 275mls to your rinse cycle and it will drastically reduce the lint in your washing.
2. It's great for preserving the colour of swimmers - soak swimmers in a combination of water and a teaspoon of vinegar after swimming in a chlorine pool.
3. Blankets and woollens come out a lot fluffier from the wash if you add 250mls of vinegar to your rinse cycle.
4. It will act as an insect repellant if you add equal parts water and vinegar and wipe over the surface you want to remain insect free.
5. Clean your windows with a solution of white vinegar and warm water in equal parts. Spray on the window and buff with a soft cloth. Will not leave streaks or marks on the glass.
6. Put neat vinegar on a rust stain until it disappears and then rinse the marked item.
7. Keep fresh cut flowers longer by adding 2 tablespoons of white vinegar and 1 teaspoon of sugar to the vase.
8. Rinsing your hair in vinegar every so often neutralises the alkali left by shampoos and gives your hair extra shine.
9. Douse the outside perimeter of the sandpit in the backyard to keep cats away.
10. If you have an unpleasant odour in the car such as vomit (hello Rhianna!) then place a bowl of white distilled vinegar of the floor of the car and close it up for the night.