Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Old Photos
There's not much Rhianna and I like to do more than curl up on the lounge and look at old photos. She especially likes the ones that have funny stories attached to them. It's such a great way to bond and enjoy our holidays together.

One photo I'd like to share is this one of my husband as a little boy with his mother Shirley.

Bill grew up in Paddington (Sydney) and to say that his mother was an eccentric local character would be a mild understatement.

She worked in PR and threw outrageous cocktail parties at the house where everybody who was anybody would attend.

I love the clothes she is wearing - this would have been the height of fashion back in the mid 1970's. And Bill looks just like a kid did in those days - dirty,unkempt and in desperate need of a good haircut.

I particularly like this photo because Shirley is gone now and although she and I had our "moments" I miss her outrageousness and zest for life.

I'd also like to thank her for raising my husband to be the most thoughtful, open-minded and tolerant man I know. Thanks Shirley.


1 comment:

Linda said...

She is beautiful.